Tuesday, July 11, 2006

insight into death

no one knows what I am going through
even if they went through this before
they have only an idea of what I am going through
I do not expect them to fully understand

to experience empathy... actual empathy
that would be too much of a drain on our emotions
so instead
we try to say the right thing

people are all trying to say the right thing

I am feeling guilty for all the times I thought that I was saying the right thing
there is no right thing
maybe it is best to say nothing
okay.... as long as you are sincere... whatever you say is great
but... it is usually a little off base

but the intentions are enough to make it all appreciated

I got a few nice emails and phone calls
most people are careful and say very little
each of those efforts were appreciated

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home